|Share the flyer with your family and neighbors.|
This post is to address 2 things: a status update and to let you know there is a flyer you can download and share with friends.
1. Status 6/25:
- Funding: as of today, there is funding for our project thru the San Diego Master Bicycle Plan. A very good map of SANDAG's proposed network is included. The budget for the entire project is $249 million, and this is to cover the entire network over a period of 10 years.
- Location: the portion we are addressing in Mission Hills is roughly from the Trolley stop at Washington, to about 3rd Street/University area. It also includes a small part of San Diego Ave over to California Street. But again, this is all open for discussion, and depends on priorities, and feature requests, etc.
- Design: Currently the only 'design' that exists is the proposed bicylce network. Actual features have not yet been developed. Requests for features of the bicycle portion are being handled through Bikely. Instructions are clear enough, but it's unclear if the general public knows to submit them. We'll have to do some outreach and see. All other features can be submitted here through the blog.
- Schedule: Roughly there will be a year of design and study, and then a little over a year of implementation. This is a very broad time-frame, as things are obviously just getting started.
- Scope: SANDAG is really supportive of taking a holistic approach, which means if we can implement important connectors like public transport, and add features like pedestrian walkways, and add some green features, it is a win for everyone.
2. Share the flyer:
We now have a flyer you can download, and share with your friends and neighbors. If you are a resident of the area, please post it on your refrigerator so that your family and neighbors know about it. If you are a business, and you have a spot to post it like a bulletin board or a bathroom door, please do so. Thank you!